The Bosworth Soldier – Outreach
Meet our resident soldier, learn about a variety of weapons from dagger to cannon, recruitment, the make-up of an army, wounds and treatment, tactics, campaign life, transportation, food and rations, sieges, heraldry and battle communications. Handle some artefacts and take your position as a soldier.
National Curriculum Links:
- Events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally and lives of significant individuals
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality – a local history study
- Extending pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- The development of church, state and society in medieval Britain 1066-1509: the Wars of the Roses
- Pupils to listen and respond appropriately to adults and their peers, ask relevant questions and justify answers, arguments and opinions