Gallery Interpretation Volunteer
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE COVID 19 LOCKDOWN, WE ARE NOT RECRUITING TO THIS POST UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
What will you do?
As a Gallery volunteer you will be involved in:
– Interacting with the public in the exhibition galleries
– Providing extra insight into the history of the battle and the context of the site
– Helping visitors to engage with the exhibition interpretation and answering any questions they may have
What will you learn?
– Gain first-hand experience of volunteering in a heritage site
– Full training provided in content, the historical background of the exhibition, guided tours and public engagement techniques
– Gain experience of interacting with the public and enhance your communication skills
– Be part of the wider heritage team across Leicestershire County Council
Is this you?
– Good communication skills and confident engaging with the public
– Good customer care
– An interest in history and preserving local heritage
– Experience of giving guided tours or working in a gallery (desirable)
If you are interested please contact Hester Pode on 01163052247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.