Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre has a varied programme of events from children’s treasure hunts to battle re-enactments! The team are looking for a dedicated team of volunteers to help facilitate their growing events programme.
- Support a varied programme of events including author talks, craft fayres and outdoor theatre
- Support the delivery of family and child friendly craft activities, games and other activities such as storytelling, music and dance (training provided)
- Assist in event set up and take down
- Interact with the public by meeting & greeting, checking tickets, supervising key locations and assisting with general enquiries
- Facilitate feedback questionnaires
- Gain first-hand experience of volunteering in a heritage site
- Gain knowledge and a set of engagement, facilitation and communication skills with a wide ranging audience
- Develop knowledge and experience of a wide range of events
- Be part of the wider heritage team across Leicestershire County Council
- Training will be provided in the site offer, the historical background of the site and public engagement techniques
Is this you?
- Good communication skills
- Have a pleasant and helpful manner and a willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm for history & heritage
- Enjoy engaging with people of all ages
- Friendly and able to work as part of a team
If you are interested please contact Hester Pode on 01163052247 or email email@example.com.