PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE COVID 19 LOCKDOWN, WE ARE NOT RECRUITING TO THIS POST UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
This role takes place across both our sites Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre and The 1620s House & Garden.
What will you do?
– Help to create resources
– Help with set up/take down
– Assist with car parking
– Act as a ‘Meet and Greeter’
– Supervise key locations including ticket checking for talks and workshops
– Support the delivery of family and child friendly craft activities, games and other activities such as storytelling, music and dance (training provided)
– Facilitate feedback questionnaires
What will you learn?
– Gain first-hand experience of volunteering at two heritage sites
– Gain knowledge and a set of engagement, facilitation and communication skills
– Develop a knowledge of different events
– Training provided in the content & historical background of both sites and in public engagement techniques
– Be part of the wider heritage team across Leicestershire County Council
Is this you?
– Good communication skills
– Enjoy engaging with people of all ages
– Have a pleasant and helpful manner and a willingness to learn
– Friendly and able to work as part of a team
– Enthusiasm for history & heritage
– Willing to take part in some physical work
– 18 +
For more information on Volunteering please contact Hester Pode on 0116 305 2247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.