Plants, Plagues & Potions – Session
This session includes hands-on investigations, practical thinking, object handling and drama, and aims to encourage the pupils to work scientifically whilst learning about the past. Perfect for a local history study or to think about scientific changes over time more broadly.
- How the approach to plants and science has changed since the 1600s
- Investigate the historic use of plants for medicine
- Understand about the use of classification
- To know key events of the 17th Century
- To understand how people were discriminated in the past