Alison Weir FAQs
Caring about your safety
Focusing on the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our top priority.
To help you feel safer when you are with us, we have taken the following steps:
- Undertaken full risk assessments for our event activities against national Covid-19 guidance.
- All events are only by pre-booked ticket; for now you can’t just turn up on the day.
- We are accepting contactless card and cash payments.
- Put in safety screens at till points to increase protection at key points.
- Installed public hand sanitising points.
In return, we ask that you help us by:
- Washing your hands regularly for 20 seconds or more and particularly after contacting surfaces in public areas.
- Using the hand sanitiser provided at every opportunity.
- Allowing yourself a suitable amount of time to arrive and be seated for the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I turn up on the day and buy an event ticket?
All events are currently only by pre-booked ticket. Unfortunately, if you turn up without a pre-booked ticket, we will not be able to allow you entry to the event.
When should I arrive for the event?
The event venue will be open 30 minutes before the start of the published event start time and we hope that this will allow a steady flow of customers arriving. We would encourage you not to leave your arrival too late in order that we can ensure all our customers are seated and comfortable in advance of the event starting. Please allow yourself sufficient time to walk from carparking to the event venue, as well as time to use the toilet facilities, if you think you may need to.
Will there be catering facilities available?
For the Alison Weir event refreshments will be available to purchase.
What if I need first aid, or there is an emergency?
In these uncommon circumstances, we have revised our procedures and are following guidance on the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Our Front of House staff are aware of these new procedures and will issue appropriate instructions to visitors if required.