We will use any information you give us in line with the law on data protection. This means we will make sure you know how we are going to use your information, who it will be shared with or who it will be shown to.
Sometimes we might need to share your information with organisations who work on our behalf to provide a service to you.
There may be times when we may need to ask other agencies or organisations for information about you to provide services or for legal reasons. Similarly for legal reasons, we may need to pass your information onto other agencies or organisations, e.g. to carry out their statutory duties or if it is necessary to prevent you from harming yourself or anyone else.
Under data protection law, we have to:
- Keep your records accurate and secure
- Keep enough information to provide services and meet our legal responsibilities
- Only keep your information for as long as it is needed
- Things you can do to help us
- You can help us by:
- Letting us know when you change your name or address
- Telling us if any of the information we hold about you is wrong
- Letting us share as much of your information as we need to
Let us know about any changes to your information by contacting:
Telephone: 0116 305 6252
Further reading https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/