£5 per pupil
KS2 / 21-35 per group
Did you know? The area around Melton Mowbray has more Viking place names than anywhere else in the country but Melton itself has an Anglo-Saxon name.
This session is led by an Anglo-Saxon woman, married to a Viking settler, who lived on a farm in the area in the 9th century.
She tells the children about her life in the Danelaw and the children learn about Anglo-Saxon and Viking society and beliefs through role play, object handling and storytelling.
The children will also spend some time exploring the museum.
- To understand where Anglo-Saxons and Vikings came from and where they settled
- To understand how names of places give us clues to their history
- To know some customs and traditions of Anglo-Saxon and Vikings
- To compare Anglo-Saxon daily life to how life is today
- Where the Anglo Saxons and Vikings fitted into the timeline of English history
Melton Carnegie MuseumInvaders! – Character SessionOnly available as part of the Invaders package. Discover the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings in the Melton area in this hands on and fun session