Bosworth Battlefield Guided Walks FAQs
Some Frequently Asked Questions to re-assure you that our Guided walks can still happen safely.
- When are you running guided walks?
Guided walks take place on a Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday at 11.30am and 2pm.
- How many people will there be on a guided walk in light of Covid restrictions?
Following Government guidelines, the number of visitors on a guided walk will be a maximum of 25.
- How do I get to go on a guided walk?
Visitors can pre-book onto a guided walk online or by calling 01455 290429 or book on arrival to the site. See below for the booking link.
- Will I be able to hold a flag and handle replica objects on the walk?
Our guides will be handing out three commander flags to three tour members to help with participation in the storytelling. These must not be passed between groups. Replica objects will be shown by the guide but not passed around. These items are sanitised and quarantined for 72 hours.
- Will we be able to re-enact the battle on the walk?
If the weather permits, our guides often lead a short re-enactment of the battle with the tour group.
- Do I have to wear a face covering on the walk?
Because this activity is outside you do not have to wear a face covering, nor does the guide, but you may wish to take one with you so if at any point you feel uncomfortable or feel a cough coming on you can pop it on.
- How long does a walk take?
The walks last for 1 ½ hours, so remember to dress appropriately for the weather!
- How far is the walk?
The walk is 2km (or 1.2 miles) long
- How easy is the walk?
The walk is easy grade along well-maintained paths all the way, but it does go up, down, round and back up a hill. Stout shoes are recommended.
- I have a mobility impairment; can I borrow a wheelchair or motorised scooter for the walk?
Currently the site does not have a mobility scooter or wheelchair to loan.
The site has two mobility scooters which can be booked out in advance, they will be sanitised before and after use, please telephone 01455 290429 to check availability before booking. We are not currently loaning wheel chairs at the site.
- Will I get to go onto the battlefield itself?
Our weekend walks do not go to the battlefield itself, as it is too far away for the time allocated, but we offer two viewpoints across to it from the hill on which Richard III’s army is thought to have camped. We offer longer guided walks during the year, which venture onto the actual battlefield.
- Can I book a private guided walk with just my bubble or a group of up to 14 people?
Please telephone 01455 290429 to discuss individual requirements for private guided walks and we will try and accommodate your request. There is a separate charge for private walks.
- What else are you doing to make the site Covid-19 secure?
Please visit https://www.bosworthbattlefield.org.uk/visit-us/ for more details.
Click here to book on a guided walk.